University of Minnesota
Main navigation |
China Center Graduate Student Scholarship
This need-based scholarship was established by an anonymous Chinese alumna to help current students who have a connection to China earn a graduate degree from the University of Minnesota. She personally understands the financial challenges of being an international gradaute student, and would like to assist graduate students who have a financial need continue and complete their graduate program at the University of Minnesota. The scholarship will be awarded to three students each year, in the amount of $2,500 each. The scholarship will be disbursed through the student's University account.
- Applicant must be a full-time graduate student at UMN Twin Cities campus;
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need;
- Applicant must be in good academic standing, with a minimum GPA of 3.0;
- Applicant has taken courses or studied in a high school or university in China;
- Preference will be given to students working toward a degree in engineering, mathematics, chemistry, physics, computer science and technology; other areas are also eligible.
- An essay to explain the financial distress caused by unforeseen circumstances (e.g., lost funding due to funding cuts or grant non-renewal, parent lost job and income decreased, etc.) and the graduation plan given the circumstances;
- List of personal income and expenses during study at the university; and any other documents to demonstrate financial need;
- A letter of recommendation from faculty to prove the applicant's academic progress and performance; and
- Unofficial transcript from the UMN Twin Cities campus.
Please submit the application materials to email@example.com. We will review application within two weeks of receiving the applications and notifiy the applicants by email. In-personal interview will be scheduled with the review committee if needed.