Resources for Chinese Students
The China Center and its China Office in Beijing support Chinese students by serving as a connection to campus and local resources.
China Office in Beijing
The University of Minnesota China Office in Beijing provides support for prospective and current students. The China Office staff hold information sessions for prospective students and pre-departure orientation for new students. They also connect with parents to keep them better informed of their children’s academic and campus lives.
China Center Scholarships
The China Center offers a variety of scholarships, including ones that support students from China.
University of Minnesota students have created more than 800 student groups, including several specifically for students from Greater China. Search the full list of groups on GopherLink.
- Chinese Students and Scholars Asssociation (CSSA)
- Global China Connection
- Chinese Student Union (CSU)
- Chinese American Student Association (CASA)
Helpful Departments and Units
- International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS): ISSS provides visa support, counseling, advising, intercultural programs, and more for international students.
- Boynton Health: Boynton is the University's on-campus health clinic. Check out the information specifically for international students.
- Housing and Residential Life: Housing and Residential Life operates on-campus housing and also provides information about off-campus housing.
- University Student Legal Services (USLS): USLS offers legal services and education to University of Minnesota students.
- Multicultural Center for Academic Excellence (MCAE): promotes an inclusive atmosphere to foster and enrich multicultural understanding among all members of the University of Minnesota community
- Chinese American Association of Minnesota
- US-China Peoples Friendship Association - Minnesota Chapter
- Chinese Heritage Foundation
Greater China Consulates
The closest consulate offices are located in Chicago, Illinois: