The China Center does not provide travel advice or assistance to the general public; however, the following University of Minnesota and local resources may be helpful.

Intercultural Training for Businesses

For companies that do business in or with China—or those that plan to—the China Center works to provide customized cultural training workshops for the Minnesota business community. 

Passports and Visa Photos

The UMN Passport Office is an official U.S. State Department passport acceptance facility. The Passport Office accepts passport applications and takes passport photos. Country-specific visa photos are also available.

International Travel Clinic

The International Travel Clinic at the University's Boynton Health Center is an officially designated travel immunization center of the University of Minnesota. The clinic provides adult travel consultations, immunizations, International Certificates of Vaccination, and other health-related travel information for members of the University and the general public. 


The Minnesota Trade Office maintains a list of translation companies for hire in Minnesota.

General Travel Resources

The University's Global Programs and Strategy Alliance maintains a list of helpful travel resources, ranging from health and safety to LGBT travelers to technology tips.