The China Center is pleased to support students and scholars from both Greater China and the U.S.
We serve as a bridge to China by providing scholarships for study in Greater China, offering cultural events, and connecting the campus and the community. Together with the China Office in Beijing, we support Chinese students and scholars by serving as a connection to campus and local resources.
China Office in Beijing
The University of Minnesota China Office in Beijing provides support for prospective and current students. The China Office staff hold information sessions for prospective students and pre-departure orientation for new students. They also connect with parents to keep them better informed of their children’s academic and campus lives.
China Center Scholarships
The China Center offers a variety of scholarships, including scholarships for study abroad in Greater China and scholarships that support students from China.
Get involved with a Chinese student group on campus! University of Minnesota students have created more than 800 student groups, including several specifically for students from Greater China. Search the full list of groups on GopherLink.
- Chinese Students and Scholars Services (CSSA)
- China Global Connection
- Chinese Student Union (CSU)
- Chinese American Student Association (CASA)
Scholar Networking Events
The China Center hosts networking events each semester for all scholars from Greater China. The events include a lecture or discussion on a topic of interest to scholars, plus time to network with China Center staff and other scholars. Visit our Events calendar for upcoming networking events.
Travel to China
Find information and resources to support travel to China and the Greater China region.
Helpful Departments and Units for Chinese Students
- International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS): Provides visa support, counseling, advising, intercultural programs, and more for international students
- Boynton Health: The University's on-campus health clinic, with information specifically for international students
- Housing and Residential Life: Operates on-campus housing and also provides information about off-campus housing
- Student Legal Service: Offers legal services and education to University of Minnesota students
- Multicultural Center for Academic Excellence (MCAE): Promotes an inclusive atmosphere to foster and enrich multicultural understanding among all members of the University of Minnesota community
- Chinese American Association of Minnesota
- US-China Peoples Friendship Association - Minnesota Chapter
- Chinese Heritage Foundation
Greater China Consulates
The closest consulate offices are located in Chicago, Illinois: